On this page
HEPCAT Application update
The latest release of the HEPCAT application (version 14.0.0.0006) was released on Wednesday 12 June 2013. There is no new functionality in this release. The release corrects a technical issue related to encryption of Tax File Numbers.
The previous major release of the HEPCAT application (version 14.0.0.0005) was released on Friday 15 March 2013.
Latest HEPCAT Release notes:
Full details on all HEPCAT release 14 functionality, including all updates and validations which have been modified or introduced are included in these release notes.
Latest HEIMS Release notes
Previous Release notes:
The latest version of the HEPCAT User Guide can be found on the User Guides page.
Installing HEPCAT for the first time
For detailed instructions on installing the HEPCAT prerequisites and the HEPCAT application please refer to Part 1 of the HEPCAT User Guide.
Upgrading to the latest version of HEPCAT
Note - Administrator privileges are required for HEPCAT installation and upgrades.
Before you install the latest version of HEPCAT it is strongly recommended that you back up your HEPCAT database. Part 3 of the HEPCAT User Guide contains details on how to do this.
You will need to remove the previous version of HEPCAT before upgrading to the new version.
Do not remove your HEPCAT database and do not uninstall HEPCAT Prerequisites unless specifically advised by the department.
To upgrade to a new version of HEPCAT please follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel and select “Add/Remove Programs” (WinXP) / “Programs and Features” (Win7)
- Highlight HEPCAT (previous version) and click Uninstall
- Click ‘Yes’ if prompted by “User Access Control”
- HEPCAT will be uninstalled
- Open the following URL and click Get HEPCAT Application.
The HEPCAT Application webpage will be displayed
- Click the "Get HEPCAT Application" button - the ‘File Download – Security Warning’ dialogue box will be displayed. Click on Save, choose a location (eg the Desktop) and click Save - the file will start to download.
- After the file is successfully downloaded, double click the HEPCAT-version number-x86.msi file to start the Install Wizard.
- Leave the installation folder to the default of C:\Program Files (x86)\HEPCAT version number\Application\ and click Next
- Click Next on the Install Wizard and Click ‘Yes’ if prompted by “User Access Control”
- Once installed, click Close on the Install Wizard to complete the installation of HEPCAT.
All users will need to be registered at HEIMS in order to access their own provider code in HEPCAT. To request this access please complete the Access to HEIMS applications form. For any access issues or provision of access forms please contact us by emailing HEIMS.datacollections@DEEWR.gov.au.
Users will be given access to full functionality by default, however we are able to set a restricted access (all functions except data submission) if required. If this is required it should also be clearly stated in an email to the department (as outlined above).
However, anyone will be able to use the basic functionality of HEPCAT (everything bar submit data) WITHOUT being registered under the TEST code of 9998. This is primarily designed for user training and/or TEST purposes.